Friday 15 April 2022

Finance Investment Movement 20

A quarter of the year has passed and it has been mostly about expending cash on recurring items such as insurance premiums, tax payment and CPF contribution.

One of those usual invoice came from Cordlife. It's for the preservation of stem blood cells of my firstborn and so far, 15 years of dedicated storage. But my wife and I decided to stop this on the grounds that we most likely wouldn't need to utilize in future, the sample quality might have deteriorated over time and there's no end to this payment if we chose to continue. While I appreciate the efforts of the service staff to retain the account, I rather move on and save the $267.50 annual fee, with a slight crossing of fingers that the decision turns out right.

This month marks a significant milestone whereby I have achieved Full Retirement Sum in the CPF through a combination of top up and OA to SA transfer. That also sadly means I won't be able to claim tax relief for SA top up next year onwards. In any case, doing this now just brings forward the achievement since job contributions would have done the same by year end. Now, let compounding work its magic!

Tip: 2nd Pez 2019, fresh fruits, slight chocolate with mixed berries. A little tight for now, wait

No comments:

Post a Comment