There wasn't anything fancy happening the past month, just riding the wave of stock market uptrend and saving up. That helped the portfolio target to improve to this year's high of 5.3%, securing a base to enable a final push towards the coveted 8% or more if possible. While I was thinking whether to add any position, a message came through from SCB with an offer of low interest loan. For the first year, the interest rate was around 1.5% subject to conditions, which I thought was good enough to do a trial. Basically, it's taking on debt leverage to invest into a low risk bond unit trust and hopefully gain from the dividend payout. I went ahead, chose the PIMCO GIS fund and will monitor the next few months on the calculated interest amounts. If this arbitrage doesn't work, there is no penalty for cancelling the loan. Besides, this enabled me to hit the tasks on Bonus Saver account which gives additional 1.5% interest earned.
Dividends as of July 2026: $5734.63 (avg $819.23 per month)
Tip: Sakunohana Daiginjo, fruity notes on a medium dry body, whiff of pine and grass, a crisp beauty
No comments:
Post a Comment