Monday 28 February 2022

Month of February 2022


With Chinese New Year to usher in the month, the usual festive mood kicked in. Even though the number of house visits were as little as last year, I think I have internalized the feeling rather well. Still, I got to play to a few rounds of mahjong, ate 4 meals of lohei and generally took a break.

As soon as work resumed, a sad news came in the form of an ex colleague (early 30s) who passed away. It's been more than 6 years since we met and even though we were not on the closest terms, I have fond memories of her being jovial and that hearty laughter. Not sure whether it was caused by Covid but it's getting to the point where I heard many cases of people contracting the virus. It's like right on the doorstep and waiting for me. In any case, I just got vaccine boosted and recovering.

As time whizzed by in my life routine, I missed the entire winter Olympics, including any shred of highlights. And as soon as it ended, the horrific news of Ukraine's invasion by Russia came up. This Putin is probably too big headed and a control freak. A new era of Cold War may be descending. It comes at a time where the world is in various state of breakdowns from pandemic, rising inflation, climate change, territorial conflict etc. There's no need to add in a man made disaster. The world doesn't need an egoistic Putin.

Best bit of the month came when I was invited to be moderator at a forum involving one of the co-founders for Sheng Siong Group. He shared the ways of the world lie solely in man himself. One should focus on being the best of what one could be, by thinking and doing good, which naturally attracts the right crowd and improve all around. I was very much enlightened.

Tip: Talisker 18, slight peat with maple in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment