Thursday 7 January 2021

Finance Investment Movement 5


Every beginning of a new year spells heavy fund bloodletting. The once in a year bills send me friendly reminders such as insurance premiums, property tax and soon to come, income tax. The car insurance and road tax were settled last month so this month I had to pay for Medishield, kids' whole life and property tax. Further cash would be needed for Chinese New Year ang pows. Usually, I end up with negative cashflow.

As I had been contemplating for last two months over the fate of my fixed deposit that's maturing, finally I decided to allocate part of the sum ($3000) into Syfe Cash+ portfolio. It is invested in the following.

LionGlobal SGD Money Market Fund - 30%
LionGlobal SGD Enhanced LiquidityFund - 35%
LionGlobal Short Duration Bond Fund - 35%

With a projected return of 1.75%, that's certainly attractive in today's environment to give it a shot. I suppose it works similar to other platforms such as Endowus, Poems and FSM where idle cash is parked into short term bonds, T bills and money markets funds. I will use my Singlife account to compare when this portfolio is setup and active. It takes 1-2 days for them to execute after deposit received.

Tip: Chateau D'armailhac 2012, impressive opulent perfume of plum, berry and foral

No comments:

Post a Comment