Monday 6 July 2020

Finance Investment Movement 1

The biggest news in the first week of July is it's election time! Listening to the various party speakers, I thought there were a few exciting contests with the retirement of several incumbents and appearance of credible opposition members. The downer is I live in a constituency that would be won by the ruling party hands down. No action then.

DBS decided to lower the interest rates for its popular Multiplier account but I'm not disappointed since it's to be expected in a low interest rate environment for quite some time. Thus I shall continue to hold onto it when no better alternative is available. Instead of adding to saving, I finally bought 1500 units of Suntec Reit after monitoring it over years. The factors that convinced me were its PB was low (0.7 times), expected decent yield (4.5%), good rental occupancy rate and recovery prospect in office and retail. The aim is to keep for 2 years but in the unlikely event that capital gain reaches 20%, that would trigger a sell bias. Lastly, I was considering the Syfe Equity portfolio but held back as the markets have run up too fast for valuations to match.

Tip: Hendricks Gin with Fever Tree Refreshingly Light Tonic Water

No comments:

Post a Comment