Tuesday 1 September 2020

Month of August 2020



It's that time of the year to panic. By now, most companies would have announced their results and could determine what's left to do if the numbers do not look pleasant. I think it's fair to conclude 2020 would be a washout and better to survive while preparing for next year. When I hear stories of jobless friends struggling to cope and helpless people who lost their jobs, it's poignant to count one's blessings.

Personally, it's also the month of my wife's birthday and it gets harder thinking what to get/do. Fortunately, I managed to plan two surprise celebrations with different sets of her dear friends. Separately, I caught up with two ex-colleagues whom I have not seen in years. We spent three hours giving updates. It felt almost like yesterday, the topics flowed along interchangeably and was great fun. Then, at the end of the month, we received news that my wife's grandmother passed away due to old age. This was expected for some time and we were the ones who spoke to her for the last time by the hospital bed before leaving her to rest eternally. Goodbye Ah Ma, you have led an amazing life bringing up the kids and deserve to enjoy this final retirement.

Tip: Roku Gin, easy going on the palette with tonic water

No comments:

Post a Comment